Information for parents/carers about online and digital safety
Below you will find useful links and guidance on supporting your child with their online and digital safety.
- www.thinkuknow.co.uk – Parents/carers information on keeping children safe online
- www.parentzone.org.uk – A website to support parents and carers with online safety at home
- www.saferinternet.org.uk/advice-centre/parents-and-carers – Parent and carer support for online safety
- www.askaboutgames.com – Support for parent and carers on video games and ratings of games
- www.parentinfo.org – Help and advice for families in a digital world.
- https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/jessie-and-friends/ – This series of three animations aims to give 4-7 year olds knowledge, skills and confidence to help them respond safely to risks they may encounter online.
Digital Parenting Magazine
A safety magazine for families (a collaboration between Parent Zone website and Vodafone).
- www.parentzone.org.uk/digital-parenting-online-safety-magazine-archive – View online versions of the magazine
Digital Safeguarding Information and Support for Parents/Carers
Below you will find documents you support parents/carers with digital safeguarding.
Are you worried about online abuse or the way someone has been communicating with your child online?
Child Exploitation Online Protection (CEOP) is a law enforcement agency and is here to keep children and young people safe from sexual exploitation and abuse. If you are cornered about your child’s online safety, then use the COEP’s online reporting form – www.ceop.police.uk
Children’s Acceptable Use Agreements
Below a copies of the Acceptable Use Agreements the children sign each year in school and discussed with their class teachers. These policies are designed to help the children understand the importance of online and digital safety.