At Kirton Lindsey Primary School we are aware of the legal requirements regarding the holding and distribution of confidential data relating to children, parents/carers, staff and Governors. We have privacy notices and policies in place which give outlines of our procedures for data protection and data sharing.
If you have any issues regarding the school’s management of data wish to request data held by the school please contact Mr. Neil Fish-Clark (Data Protection Officer) for support or information.
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
What is GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)?
- GDPR is a data protection legal framework across the European Union that came into compliance in May 2018.
- GDPR applies to schools and Governing Bodies as ‘Data Controllers’ and ‘Data Processors’. It also applies to schools and Governing Bodies as ‘Joint Data Controllers’ when sharing data with 3rd parties.
- GDPR applies to personal data and sensitive personal data.
What are the principles of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) for our school?
- That the school processes personal data lawfully, fairly and transparently.
- That the school collects personal data for specific, explicit and legitimate reasons.
- That the school does not keep personal data longer than necessary.
- That the school ensures personal data is processed securely.
- That the school protects personal data form unauthorised / unlawful use, accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Please find below links to attachments for the school’s privacy notices and data protection policies.
Data Protection Polices